Red lips






(google images)


To me, red lips add an instant touch of glamour. I've always admired Gwen Stefani's minimal makeup with red lips look, just gorgeous!  As much as I love red lips I'm not sure I'm brave enough to wear it out if public. A pigmented tinted gloss might be a good start. It doesn't scream "look at me"...which some of the red lipsticks do but in a good way. 

Yesterday while at Sephora I talked my sister into buying one. She likes red lips  as well and just like me is somewhat hesitant to wear it. She has nice skin complexion and I think the ones she tried looked good on her. One of the sales associated put the YSL lipstick on her (I think it was Le Rouge, not sure).  I told her to think about it while we browse. I saw her 10min later and asked if she tried to take it off and she said no. I actually was a little disappointed that the color didn't seem to last long, it faded quite a bit.  For $30 I would expect it to last a lot longer that 10-15min. So we ended up going to Macy's and we both bought one...she bought red, I did not buy red...I bought Hue.  :)


So maybe I'll start wearing red lipstick around the house first.

Do you wear red lipstick? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment